Congressional Biography Published
The massive 2,218 page 2005 edition is the first revision of the printed edition since 1989.
The new edition includes biographical profiles of each of the nearly 12,000 individuals who have served in the Congress of the United States, from 1789 through 2 January 2005, along with those who served in the Continental Congresses between 1774 and 1789. In addition to the biographies of Representatives, Senators, Delegates, Resident Commissioners, and Vice Presidents, this volume contains rosters of the state congressional delegations, elected congressional officials, and cabinet officers from 1789 to 2005. The corresponding online biographical directory (go to
http://bioguide.congress.gov) also reflects the latest scholarship and most up-to-date statistical information available and provides a valuable reference tool for all those interested in the Congress. Copies of the directory are available from the Government Printing Office http://bookstore.gpo.gov;. Stock No. 052-071-01418-7; ISBN 0-16-073176-3; the cost is $99.
comments powered by Disqus
- West Point historian says if his cadets can understand the history of war, so can Congress
- Australian historian Alan Atkinson wins $100,000 literary prize
- From his perch in Saudi Arabia, Princeton’s Mark Cohen says Jews and Muslims should remember they used to get along
- Duke honors historian John Hope Franklin with year-long series of events
- What New Left History Gave Us