Congressional Biography PublishedBreaking News
The massive 2,218 page 2005 edition is the first revision of the printed edition since 1989.
The new edition includes biographical profiles of each of the nearly 12,000 individuals who have served in the Congress of the United States, from 1789 through 2 January 2005, along with those who served in the Continental Congresses between 1774 and 1789. In addition to the biographies of Representatives, Senators, Delegates, Resident Commissioners, and Vice Presidents, this volume contains rosters of the state congressional delegations, elected congressional officials, and cabinet officers from 1789 to 2005. The corresponding online biographical directory (go to
http://bioguide.congress.gov) also reflects the latest scholarship and most up-to-date statistical information available and provides a valuable reference tool for all those interested in the Congress. Copies of the directory are available from the Government Printing Office http://bookstore.gpo.gov;. Stock No. 052-071-01418-7; ISBN 0-16-073176-3; the cost is $99.
comments powered by Disqus
- The six-day war: why Israel is still divided over its legacy 50 years on
- "Space archaeology" transforms how ancient sites are discovered
- A military cemetery whose African American history is hidden in plain sight in Philadelphia
- Texas Senate increases education board's textbook veto power
- The Secret Transcripts of the Six-Day War
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools
- Mark Moyar explains why he came to believe the Vietnam War was winnable
- How should Texas high schoolers learn history?
- What's the 'greatest witch hunt of a politician in American history’?