Millionaire's art works are taken
Thieves raided Ramsbury Manor - a 17th Century mansion in Wiltshire said to be worth more than £20m, and home of Harry Hyams - on Wednesday night.
A Wiltshire Police spokesman said the items taken, including fine art and porcelain, were "worth a substantial amount - into the millions".
The stolen items included a 1675 clock from the reign of Charles II.
comments powered by Disqus
- Martin Kramer blasts MESA and Steven Salaita
- L.A. schools adopt history curriculum from Stanford University
- Raleigh Trevelyan, Chronicler of a Notable Family, Dies at 91
- Former spokesman of B.C. anti-immigration group wants UBC history prof fired
- Harvard's Steven Shapin Wins History of Science Award