Dutch state to return Nazi lootBreaking News
Jacques Goudstikker's collection was seized by the Nazi German authorities after their troops occupied the Netherlands in 1940.
The collection includes works by 17th-Century Dutch and Italian masters.
A Dutch junior minister said no compensation would be paid to the museums currently housing them.
The Secretary of State for Culture, Medy van der Laan, acknowledged that "it is a big loss for the museums". Some are displayed at Amsterdam's Rijksmuseum.
comments powered by Disqus
- Conservative historian Arthur Herman slammed for saying Obama is highly submissive to Putin and other strong leaders
- Intellectual historians to gather in October
- Yuri N. Afanasyev, Historian Who Repudiated Communism, Dies at 81
- History professor gives Pittsburgh, PA columnist an “F” for a op ed on slavery
- Sharon Ullman says the work of historians is becoming increasingly invisible