Dutch state to return Nazi lootBreaking News
Jacques Goudstikker's collection was seized by the Nazi German authorities after their troops occupied the Netherlands in 1940.
The collection includes works by 17th-Century Dutch and Italian masters.
A Dutch junior minister said no compensation would be paid to the museums currently housing them.
The Secretary of State for Culture, Medy van der Laan, acknowledged that "it is a big loss for the museums". Some are displayed at Amsterdam's Rijksmuseum.
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian James Harris says Russian archives show we’ve misunderstood Stalin
- The Invisible Labor of Women’s Studies
- Lincoln University historian mourns decision to abolish the history major
- Hamilton College conservative historian questions diversity requirement
- Historians on Donald Trump: A Huge Hit on Facebook