Telegrams' fate - STOP (The Demise of Western Union's Telegram)
But this is a newspaper, so we'll say this: Western Union sent its final telegram last week, bringing to a close 150 years of shooting messages around the world, of those square message cards, of messenger boys (and later girls) on bikes and in radio cars fanning out across the country to announce births, deaths and everything in between.
comments powered by Disqus
- Historians at loggerheads over the AP standards
- Bettany Hughes interview: The historian on how Socrates would have solved Greece's problems
- U.K. Released Hundreds of Nazis After the Holocaust, Says Leading Historian
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- Historians Against the War gathering signatures for new resolution to AHA on alleged violations of academic freedom in Israel