Historic murder to be recreated (It changed British history)
Hundreds of spectators are expected to watch the recreation of the slaying, which is said to have set Scotland on the road to independent nationhood.
The event, on 11 February, is to mark the 700th anniversary of the murder.
Bruce needed Comyn's support if he were to be King, but when this did not come he murdered him.
The event is being organised by the Bruce Trust, a local charity dedicated to promoting the man they see as the nation's greatest hero.
comments powered by Disqus
- Ben Affleck Asked PBS to Not Reveal Slave-Owning Ancestor
- Archaeologists Take Wrong Turn, Find World’s Oldest Stone Tools
- Evidence of Pre-Columbus Trade Found in Alaska House
- Rwanda Pullout Driven by Clinton White House, U.N. Equivocation
- Centuries of Italian History Are Unearthed in Quest to Fix Toilet