UK Cathedral to be seen in all its glory soonBreaking News
But it will not mark the end of work elsewhere in the cathedral. And meanwhile, the task ahead is to raise more than £1,000 a week in the coming year and beyond.
Many thousands of people born and brought up in Chichester, as well as many who have moved to the city, will never have seen the cathedral without scaffolding on some part of it.
The restoration programme has been running for 42 years, and financed by the Cathedral Restoration and Development Trust for the past 25.
comments powered by Disqus
- U.S. Planned for Military Occupation of Cuba
- New picture emerges of Mata Hari, who faced firing squad 100 years ago
- Massive section of Western Wall and Roman theater uncovered after 1,700 years
- Fight over national monuments intensifies
- Martin Luther: Reluctant reformer who rocked Christianity 500 years ago
- Historian Keri Leigh Merritt defends activist scholars
- Historian digs into the hidden world of Mormon finances
- A historian who became a business professor?
- Allan Lichtman's response to critics of his book that makes the case for Trump’s impeachment
- "Do We Have To Fight Nazis Again?” asks historian Paul Ortiz