UK Cathedral to be seen in all its glory soon
But it will not mark the end of work elsewhere in the cathedral. And meanwhile, the task ahead is to raise more than £1,000 a week in the coming year and beyond.
Many thousands of people born and brought up in Chichester, as well as many who have moved to the city, will never have seen the cathedral without scaffolding on some part of it.
The restoration programme has been running for 42 years, and financed by the Cathedral Restoration and Development Trust for the past 25.
comments powered by Disqus
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- Researchers have discovered a previously unknown 149-page manuscript defending homosexuality.
- What Counts as Historical Evidence? The Fracas over John Stauffer’s Black Confederates
- Israeli journalist-turned-biographer, Shabtai Teveth, is remembered for his attack on the New Historians
- Harvard’s Drew Faust says the Civil War marked the start of large-scale industrial war, not WW I