UK Cathedral to be seen in all its glory soon
But it will not mark the end of work elsewhere in the cathedral. And meanwhile, the task ahead is to raise more than £1,000 a week in the coming year and beyond.
Many thousands of people born and brought up in Chichester, as well as many who have moved to the city, will never have seen the cathedral without scaffolding on some part of it.
The restoration programme has been running for 42 years, and financed by the Cathedral Restoration and Development Trust for the past 25.
comments powered by Disqus
- High school senior credited with debunking book by Professor Richard Jensen
- Historians at loggerheads over the AP standards
- Bettany Hughes interview: The historian on how Socrates would have solved Greece's problems
- U.K. Released Hundreds of Nazis After the Holocaust, Says Leading Historian
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?