Valuable sculpture found in snow
Investigators had scoured the world for the statue since it disappeared in May 2003.
The slightly damaged statue was returned to the museum in Vienna.
Head of Vienna's criminal police Ernst Geiger said the suspect, a 50-year-old man, was arrested on Friday.
He turned himself in when investigators published a photo of him.
comments powered by Disqus
- The Memorial Where Slavery Is Real
- Thomas Piketty accuses Germany of forgetting history as it lectures Greece
- Greek ‘No’ May Have Its Roots in Heroic Myths and Real Resistance
- 150 years later, schools are still a battlefield for interpreting Civil War
- Where are America's memorials to pain of slavery, black resistance?
- Historian: "I don’t want my students to simply choose sides in a polemic between heritage and hate"
- Did a historian who said he’s a victim of McCarthyism get the story wrong?
- Stephanie Coontz’s work on the history of marriage cited by the Supreme Court.