Oprah's Latest Book Pick Raises Issues
Barnes & Noble.com and Amazon.com both said Tuesday that they were making changes to certify Elie Wiesel's ''Night'' as nonfiction. Barnes & Noble.com is removing the book from its fiction list, while Amazon.com is also changing the categorization of ''Night'' and revising an editorial description to make clear that it does not consider the book a novel.
''We hope to make these changes as quickly as possible,'' said Jani Strand, a spokeswoman for Amazon.com.
On Monday, Winfrey announced that Wiesel's classic account of his family's placement in the Auschwitz death camp was her latest choice. ''Night'' quickly topped the best seller list on Amazon.com, displacing Winfrey's previous selection, James Frey's ''A Million Little Pieces.''
comments powered by Disqus
Rowan Arthur Berkeley - 1/21/2006
This is like Binjamin Wilkomirski in reverse ...
- Scientists Say Proof Of Jack The Ripper's Identity Is Fatally Flawed
- Memorial for black Revolutionary War soldiers finds spot on Mall after 30 years
- Sherlock Holmes star to feature in a new movie about Alan Turning
- Man’s Genome From 45,000 Years Ago Is Reconstructed
- This company claims its video games about the French Revolution are accurate