Oprah's Latest Book Pick Raises IssuesBreaking News
Barnes & Noble.com and Amazon.com both said Tuesday that they were making changes to certify Elie Wiesel's ''Night'' as nonfiction. Barnes & Noble.com is removing the book from its fiction list, while Amazon.com is also changing the categorization of ''Night'' and revising an editorial description to make clear that it does not consider the book a novel.
''We hope to make these changes as quickly as possible,'' said Jani Strand, a spokeswoman for Amazon.com.
On Monday, Winfrey announced that Wiesel's classic account of his family's placement in the Auschwitz death camp was her latest choice. ''Night'' quickly topped the best seller list on Amazon.com, displacing Winfrey's previous selection, James Frey's ''A Million Little Pieces.''
comments powered by Disqus
Rowan Arthur Berkeley - 1/21/2006
This is like Binjamin Wilkomirski in reverse ...
- Voting opens soon for the leaders of the OAH in 2017
- A team of science historians are attempting to re-create recipes from sixteenth-century alchemy texts
- David Kennedy recalls his dinners with President Obama
- When Kellie Jones Wanted To Study Black Art History, The Field Didn’t Exist. So She Created It Herself.
- Michael Honey: The 60’s activist turned historian