Blaze Ruins Frank Lloyd Wright Home In Gary, INBreaking News
A blaze that started at the rear of the vacant house late Monday all but destroyed the building at 600 Fillmore in Gary, known to local historians as the Wynant House.
Investigators late Tuesday still had not determined what caused the fire but said the blaze is suspicious because the house was unoccupied and had no working utilities.
Gary Police arson Detective Cpl. Mark Salazar visited the site, where he met with City Planning Director Chris Meyers and Erica Taylor, a preservationist with the Indiana Historic Landmarks Calumet Region.
"It's beyond salvaging, and I can't believe I'm saying that," said Meyers, who spotted Wright's signature linear design style in the sagging, abandoned house in 1992.
comments powered by Disqus
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Transcribed Document: Soviet Politburo Discussed CIA Billion Dollar Spy Adolf Tolkachev
- Pentagon withholds Iraq War photos showing detainee abuse
- These Rebels Have Amassed A Library From Syria’s Ruins
- Was 1916 fire at Canadian Parliament set by German saboteur?
- United Nations Calls On U.S. To Pay African Americans Reparations For Slavery
- Juan Cole says America’s inclination to turn to the military started with Manifest Destiny
- History Jobs Drop
- Paul Krugman gives credence to Robert J. Gordon's pessimism about American economic growth
- Harvard President Drew Faust Condemns Free Tuition Proposal from Outsider Overseers Ticket
- Andrew Roberts says Trump is the Mussolini of America with double the vulgarity