Howard Zinn & other academics are signing a petition to save Iraq's academics
The petition has been signed thus far by Noam Chomsky, Howard Zinn, John Pilger, Michael Parenti, Tony Benn, Eduardo Galeano.
The petition was launched by the BRussells Tribunal and has been endorsed by CEOSI (Spain), the Portuguese hearing of the WTI, Iraktribunal.de (Germany), the Swedish Antiwar committee, the IAC (USA), the International Association of Middle East Studies (IAMES), the German Middle East Studies Association (DAVO) and the European Association for Middle Eastern Studies (EURAMES).
This weekend Historians Against War (HAW) voted at a meeting at the annual convention of the American Historical Association to back the petition drive.
comments powered by Disqus
- Judith Kelleher Schafer, 72, a historian of slavery and prostitution, dies
- Northwestern celebrates Garry Wills with a book in his honor
- Conservatives go after UCLA's historian James Gelvin
- Laura Hillenbrand writes her masterpieces despite suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- New PBS DVD From Henry Louis Gates Jr. Explores African Influence on the Caribbean