Howard Zinn & other academics are signing a petition to save Iraq's academics
The petition has been signed thus far by Noam Chomsky, Howard Zinn, John Pilger, Michael Parenti, Tony Benn, Eduardo Galeano.
The petition was launched by the BRussells Tribunal and has been endorsed by CEOSI (Spain), the Portuguese hearing of the WTI, Iraktribunal.de (Germany), the Swedish Antiwar committee, the IAC (USA), the International Association of Middle East Studies (IAMES), the German Middle East Studies Association (DAVO) and the European Association for Middle Eastern Studies (EURAMES).
This weekend Historians Against War (HAW) voted at a meeting at the annual convention of the American Historical Association to back the petition drive.
comments powered by Disqus
- National Security Archive Sues State Department Over Kissinger Telephone Messages
- White House March to stop ISIS from destroying what remains of Mesopotamian Civilization
- Scholars, Writers and Thinkers Call for Academic Freedom in Thailand
- Stanford’s Ian Morris says technology is changing the human animal
- Yale historian traces the establishment of slavery plantations to a taste for sugar