Howard Zinn & other academics are signing a petition to save Iraq's academics
The petition has been signed thus far by Noam Chomsky, Howard Zinn, John Pilger, Michael Parenti, Tony Benn, Eduardo Galeano.
The petition was launched by the BRussells Tribunal and has been endorsed by CEOSI (Spain), the Portuguese hearing of the WTI, Iraktribunal.de (Germany), the Swedish Antiwar committee, the IAC (USA), the International Association of Middle East Studies (IAMES), the German Middle East Studies Association (DAVO) and the European Association for Middle Eastern Studies (EURAMES).
This weekend Historians Against War (HAW) voted at a meeting at the annual convention of the American Historical Association to back the petition drive.
comments powered by Disqus
- Sephardic Jews Feel Bigotry’s Sting in Turkey and a Pull Back to Spain
- Yemen museum destroyed
- Viking beaters: Scots and Irish may have settled Iceland a century before Norsemen
- Secret diary of a top Soviet official shows the leadership was in turmoil 15 years before the USSR’s demise
- New History Dispute Splits U.S. Allies in Asia
- NYT hosts debate including Eric Foner: How Americans should remember Reconstruction
- William Leuchtenburg says historians and the media have been too hard on Obama
- Hugh Ambrose, historian who helped develop WWII Museum, dead at 48
- Historian discounts claim that Churchill and other British PM's were gay
- Nick Bunker Wins $50,000 2015 George Washington Book Prize