Conservative political bias at the National Endowment of the Humanities?
Unanimously recommended for funding by an NEH panel of experts, which gave Stein's proposal for "The U.S. Supreme Court's Sexual Revolution? 1965-1973" its highest possible ratings, Stein's proposal was vetoed by NEH Chair Bruce Cole. When Stein applied again in the next funding cycle, he was rejected again, this time based on allegations about his "personal agenda." HNN will feature Stein's article on our homepage on Saturday.
comments powered by Disqus
- Judith Kelleher Schafer, 72, a historian of slavery and prostitution, dies
- Northwestern celebrates Garry Wills with a book in his honor
- Conservatives go after UCLA's historian James Gelvin
- Laura Hillenbrand writes her masterpieces despite suffering from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- New PBS DVD From Henry Louis Gates Jr. Explores African Influence on the Caribbean