Mozart birthday fever grips AustriaBreaking News
Salzburg, the city of his birth, is hoping to cash in with a mixture of kitsch and high culture and its Mozart industry is going into overdrive this month.
An enterprising local dairy has developed a new Mozart yogurt and a Mozart dessert drink - flavoured with chocolate, hazelnut and marzipan.
The yogurt is one of hundreds of new products being developed for the composer's 250th birthday on 27 January.
As well as yogurt, you can buy Mozart sausage, Mozart baby bottles and Mozart perfume. Traders here are hoping for a bumper year.
Some Austrians think it all too much, including Kurt Palm, himself the author of a new book about Mozart.
comments powered by Disqus
- Rubio Surges Into Second In New Hampshire
- Branstad Says Cruz Ran ‘Unethical’ Campaign
- Christie Highlights Santorum’s Endorsement of Rubio
- Portman Comes Out Against Trade Deal
- Megyn Kelly Gets a Book Deal
- A Big List of the Bad Things Clinton Has Done
- An Unambiguous Sign Sanders Won Last Night’s Debate
- Still Friends at the End
- Quote of the Day
- Trump Still Leads as Clinton Slips
- Clinton Can’t Shake Image as Wall Street’s Friend
- Maddow Doesn’t See Sanders Winning
- Why Does the Media Still Shield Chelsea Clinton?
- Bush Jokes His Mother May Have Abused Him
- Rubio Closes the Gap in New Hampshire
- Humans Hard-Wired to Teach, Anthropologist Says
- Parents outraged after students shown ‘white guilt’ cartoon for Black History Month
- Maryland is once again considering retiring its state song
- One of the last remaining Nazis goes on trial in Germany
- Inside story finally told of the young US diplomat who cracked the case of the murder of 4 nuns in El Salvador in 1980
- Historian at the center of Sanders-Clinton debate
- James Loewen Says Additional Baltimore Confederate Statues Should be Removed
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- A historian’s advice to students thinking of getting a PhD in a tough economic climate
- German historian Heinz Richter cleared of charges