Stonehenge opens for Boxing DayBreaking News
English Heritage said it was responding to visitor demand and opened Stonehenge to the public on 26 December and wi.ll do the same on New Year's Day.
The ancient monument will be open, for the first day of 2006, from 1000 GMT with last admissions at 1600 GMT.
Peter Carson, Stonehenge director, said: "We normally stay closed during the festive holidays, but coach tours still come in their droves and look at Stonehenge from the roadside.
"So it seemed important to have the site open for a few extra days over the holiday period."
comments powered by Disqus
- Craig Shirley says Ted Cruz is right and the Huffington Post wrong about Ronald Reagan’s 1980 Presidential Campaign
- Mystery at Notre Dame: A priest-historian has been forced to back off a project promoting authentic Catholic education
- William & Mary launching a gay history project
- "I teach the largest gay and lesbian history class in the country."
- Another year of declines in history enrollments