Lincoln Penny Will Get New DesignBreaking News
Legislation calling for the honor in 2009 was given final congressional approval last night by the House and it is expected to be signed by President Bush.
The Senate -- where sponsors included Illinoisans Dick Durbin and Barack Obama -- passed the legislation last month.
The redesigned pennies are to feature four designs on the reverse side of the coins, with the first one depicting his Kentucky birthplace, the second his youth in Indiana, and the final two his professional life in Illinois and presidency in Washington.
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian James Harris says Russian archives show we’ve misunderstood Stalin
- The Invisible Labor of Women’s Studies
- Lincoln University historian mourns decision to abolish the history major
- Hamilton College conservative historian questions diversity requirement
- Historians on Donald Trump: A Huge Hit on Facebook