Lincoln Penny Will Get New Design
Legislation calling for the honor in 2009 was given final congressional approval last night by the House and it is expected to be signed by President Bush.
The Senate -- where sponsors included Illinoisans Dick Durbin and Barack Obama -- passed the legislation last month.
The redesigned pennies are to feature four designs on the reverse side of the coins, with the first one depicting his Kentucky birthplace, the second his youth in Indiana, and the final two his professional life in Illinois and presidency in Washington.
comments powered by Disqus
- National Security Archive Sues State Department Over Kissinger Telephone Messages
- White House March to stop ISIS from destroying what remains of Mesopotamian Civilization
- Scholars, Writers and Thinkers Call for Academic Freedom in Thailand
- Stanford’s Ian Morris says technology is changing the human animal
- Yale historian traces the establishment of slavery plantations to a taste for sugar