Ben Franklin's letters go on display
Perhaps Franklin thought better of that letter because he never sent it. But it was preserved and is one of 75 items in the Library of Congress' exhibit, "Benjamin Franklin: In His Own Words." The display was unveiled this week, a month ahead of the anniversary of Franklin's Jan. 17, 1706 birth, and is drawn from the more than 8,000 documents in the library's Benjamin Franklin Collection.
The exhibit will be on view through June 17, 2006. Admission is free.
comments powered by Disqus
- Dutch sociologist says that what is new about mass killing is that we’re embarrassed by it
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- Convicted felon Conrad Black has a new book out
- German Historian: Rich Greeks Evade Taxes Since 1830
- UK teaching "invented" history as EU propaganda, says Cambridge professor