Ben Franklin's letters go on displayBreaking News
Perhaps Franklin thought better of that letter because he never sent it. But it was preserved and is one of 75 items in the Library of Congress' exhibit, "Benjamin Franklin: In His Own Words." The display was unveiled this week, a month ahead of the anniversary of Franklin's Jan. 17, 1706 birth, and is drawn from the more than 8,000 documents in the library's Benjamin Franklin Collection.
The exhibit will be on view through June 17, 2006. Admission is free.
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian James Harris says Russian archives show we’ve misunderstood Stalin
- The Invisible Labor of Women’s Studies
- Lincoln University historian mourns decision to abolish the history major
- Hamilton College conservative historian questions diversity requirement
- Historians on Donald Trump: A Huge Hit on Facebook