D - Day Museum Reopens in New OrleansBreaking News
About 300 people were on hand for the opening and more filed in through the day to see the nation's first museum dedicated to World War II, with interactive video and audio exhibits that complement the artifacts, war planes and military vehicles on display.
Unlike much of the city, the museum in downtown New Orleans was not flooded. However, it suffered about $200,000 to $300,000 in damage, primarily related to theft and vandalism at the gift store and coffee shop, both of which were open Saturday, said president and chief executive Nick Mueller.
comments powered by Disqus
- Thomas Jefferson Wrote What? Carson’s Constitutional Misstep
- Agriculture Linked to DNA Changes in Ancient Europe
- A Century Ago, Einstein’s Theory of Relativity Changed Everything
- At Princeton, Woodrow Wilson, a Heralded Alum, Is Recast as an Intolerant One
- Fact-checking Trump's claim that thousands in New Jersey cheered when World Trade Center tumbled