D - Day Museum Reopens in New OrleansBreaking News
About 300 people were on hand for the opening and more filed in through the day to see the nation's first museum dedicated to World War II, with interactive video and audio exhibits that complement the artifacts, war planes and military vehicles on display.
Unlike much of the city, the museum in downtown New Orleans was not flooded. However, it suffered about $200,000 to $300,000 in damage, primarily related to theft and vandalism at the gift store and coffee shop, both of which were open Saturday, said president and chief executive Nick Mueller.
comments powered by Disqus
- This Man Spent 25 Years Documenting Every Day of Hitler's Life
- Anti-Gay, Pro-Creationism Birther Won’t Be Deciding What Textbooks Your Kids Read
- What About Us, Nagasaki Asks, as Obama’s Hiroshima Trip Nears
- Korean Survivors of Atomic Bombs Renew Fight for Recognition, and Apology
- African American museum’s fundraising touches deep history among donors