Fla. Investigators: KKK Behind 1951 Blast
Attorney General Charlie Crist announced Friday that investigators had begun excavating the site of Harry and Harriette Moore's home, which was blown up on Christmas night in 1951.
Detectives were searching for detonators and other evidence that could prove what type of explosive was used.
The four suspects, all members of the Florida Klan at one time, had experience with dynamite, said Frank Beisler, an investigator with Crist's office.
Beisler said the major break in the recently reopened investigation came about a month ago when he interviewed a man to whom one of the bombers had confessed.
comments powered by Disqus
Walter McElligott - 12/3/2005
But, if proven, what is next. This is like saying, "We know those women were illegaly burned as witches in Salem, now we're going to punish..."
- Two-Thirds of European Men Descend From Three People
- In Osama bin Laden Library: Illuminati and Bob Woodward
- ISIS Fighters Seize Control of Syrian City of Palmyra, and Ancient Ruins
- A Black Man Hangs a White Supremacist: Tyler Shields’s Charged Photography
- Skulls Suggest Violence Used as a Tool of Political Control