Teen's military history podcast heard around the world
On more than 2,000 other iPods: George's Military History Podcast. And those are just the subscribers through iTunes.
His Web site has recorded more than 15,000 downloads since he debuted his weekly show on Labor Day weekend: "Bringing you the strangest anecdotes, most innovative technology, and most significant events in Military History." He has fans in more than 40 countries.
"I was shocked to learn that he's only 15 years old. I've been through enough college and graduate school to know it takes a lot of time, work and maturity to research and organize a 20-minute lecture and then defend it against questions," said one subscriber, Brian Liddicoat, 39, who has an MBA and is a real estate attorney in Northern California. "This guy sounds like a college professor with years of experience, not a high school student. This is high-quality podcasting, and military history is not a very forgiving subject: Military history buffs tend to get very particular on details."
comments powered by Disqus
- Colorado Students Strip Naked in Protest of ‘Censorship’ of AP History Classes
- They should give this definition of History to all first year undergrads on their first day
- Field Report: What I learned by attending a workshop on Korean history
- Historians suggest ways California can integrate gay history into the school curriculum
- Now it’s Andrew Bacevich’s turn to do a MOOC