Aaron Burr Association Welcomes Black Family Descendant
comments powered by Disqus
Suzanne G. Bowles - 11/23/2005
I am a member of the Aaron Burr Association & I was present at this meeting. I heard absolutely nothing that convinced me that Aaron Burr was the father of John Pierre Burr & his sister And I heard several things that convinced me that he wasn't. No documentation of any connection was offered (although reasons were offered why that was the case). And no credible, or even any, evidence was put forth that would indicate that Burr was present at the place & time that these children were conceived.
I emphasize that I am writing solely as a private individual, albeit one who is a professional historian, not as a spokesperson for the Aaron Burr Association.
- Hero Marine Dad Will Unleash Hell Itself If Daughter’s World History Class Says Muslims Are Real
- Historians Against the War joins peace activists in pressing Congress to support a diplomatic solutions to conflict with Iran over nukes
- Despite new hires, Yale history department retains vacancies
- African-American Professor: Reagan Did More To Help Black Education Than Obama
- Turning West, Historians Take a Wider View of Early America