Considering the Automobile's Influence on Society—Before the Next Influence Takes Over?News at Home
tags: technology, cars, automobiles
Bryan Appleyard has been Feature Writer of the Year three times at the British Press Awards. In 2019, he was appointed Commander of the British Empire for services to the arts and journalism. He is the author of The Car: The Rise and Fall of the Machine that Made the Modern World (September 6, 2022).
comments powered by Disqus
- An Email From a Stranger Sent Me on a Quest for Family and Self
- Do the Italian Elections Reflect a Turn to Fascism or Cynicism?
- Texas Leading the Nation in Book Banning
- The 100-Year Old Miscalculation that Drained the Colorado River
- How Richard Nixon Alienated Allies after Watergate (and Lessons for Trump)
- British and Irish Historians Discuss Oliver Cromwell
- The Constitution's Support for Oligarchy
- Clark U. Prof Models Culturally Sensitive Approaches to Teaching about Slavery
- Historians Evaluate the "1836 Project" Pamphlet Texas Wants to Give to All Drivers License Applicants
- COVID Shows the US as a Country Kept from Grieving