Bush says war critics rewrite historyBreaking News
Bush, facing waning public support for the war that has helped push his approval ratings to new lows, hit back at critics who have said his administration misused intelligence on Iraqi weapons of mass destruction to justify the war.
Democrats responded to Bush's Veterans Day speech by accusing the president of exploiting the holiday to try to shore up his faltering political standing.
Bush said he respected his opponents' right to disagree with him about the decision to go to war against Iraq, and that as president he accepted responsibility for what has taken place there under his watch.
But he added, "it is deeply irresponsible to rewrite the history of how that war began."
"Some Democrats and anti-war critics are now claiming we manipulated the intelligence and misled the American people about why we went to war. These critics are fully aware that a bipartisan Senate investigation found no evidence of political pressure to change the intelligence community's judgment related to Iraq's weapons programs," Bush said.
"The stakes in the global war on terror are too high, and the national interest is too important, for politicians to throw out false charges," Bush added in a speech that broadly reviewed Washington's declared war on terrorism since the September 11, 2001, attacks on the United States.
comments powered by Disqus
Stephen Kislock - 11/12/2005
If and when the Truth be told of the Illegal Invasion and Occupation of Iraq by the Oil Barons of the Cheney/Bush White House it will quotes all the Lies and Rewrite this very sad chapter of Propaganda.
Weapons of Mass Destruction, were placed in the White House by the United States Supreme Court's 5 to 4 decision on Bush vs. Gore 2000 Election!
To all the Chicken Hawks out there, Where is Osama bin Laden? Why is he still Free to Threaten the US?
Why, Cheney/Bush need Him Alive.
The Boogeyman of our Dreams/Nightmares, that' WHY.
The Cheney/Bush team are going to have History rewritten, with the TRUTH in place of Propanganda.
- Jewish history is under siege in the middle east and these volunteers are risking their lives to protect it
- 'Amazon should stop selling Holocaust denial books'
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Reaches Milestone of 1 Million Visitors
- What Makes a President Great? Clipping? Sipping? Slashing?
- Carla Hayden says Frederick Douglass "might have a lot to do with the fact that I am a librarian”
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit