NYU Graduate students threaten to strike todayBreaking News
From 2000 until August of this year, about 1,000 teaching and research assistants were represented by Local 2110 of the United Automobile Workers. But when their contract expired on August 31st, NYU said it would no longer recognize a graduate student union.
The university's decision followed a policy reversal by the National Labor Relations Board in Washington on private universities allowing graduate student workers to unionize. Michael Palm of the Graduate Students Organizing Committee said the union members will strike.
Several professors said that in solidarity with the strikers they will hold classes off campus. Historian Molly Nolan said her classes will meet in a billiard parlor.
comments powered by Disqus
- Did Salmonella Kill Off the Aztecs?
- Jewish history is under siege in the middle east and these volunteers are risking their lives to protect it
- 'Amazon should stop selling Holocaust denial books'
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Reaches Milestone of 1 Million Visitors
- What Makes a President Great? Clipping? Sipping? Slashing?
- McMaster knows how national security policy can go wrong. Will that help him?
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”