Suburban Officers Criticized As Insensitive to Racism
''The 1960's were the end of the neighborhood cop in France,'' said Cmdr. Alain Jackel, who leads the C.R.S. commandos in Champigny-sur-Marne. ''Until then, police officers would leave their house in the morning in uniform. Today they change at the police station.''
comments powered by Disqus
Juan Antonio Hervada Gim?nez - 11/9/2005
I have been surprised that the NYT hasn't reported about the apparent connection of the riots with the s.c. EuroJihad movement.
The arsonists, when confronting the police, scream Allah Ou Akbar and point their index fingers upwards...
Now, tehre have been practically no riots in the neighborhoods where radical islamists have what we could call "social control". The troubles are concentrated in the moderate Muslim neighborhoods; it is the moderate Muslims who are getiing their cars and their schoools burned (the schools are considered hotbeds for blasphemy and decadence)
It looks like the euro-jihadists, who exerce a tangible influence on the rioters, want to prove the average Muslims that ithey'll be safer going over to radical Islam and accepting the s.c. Islamic Institutions.
J.A. Hervada, Paris
- History Channel's new miniseries 'Sons of Liberty' recaptures the spirit of America's past
- That Debt From 1720? Britain’s Payment Is Coming
- In France, Vestiges of the Great War’s Bloody End
- New Evidence Supporting Volcanoes as Cause for Mass Extinction and Rapid Climate Change
- Film Conjures Era That Some in Selma Would Rather Not Revisit
- History professor pens fantasy empire by night
- Texas A&M professor shining a light on noted Latino scholar George Sanchez
- Martin Kramer says Israelis have "no clue” that Ari Shavit “has added a massacre in the city of Lydda to the litany of Israel’s alleged crimes in 1948"
- Carleton Mabee, Biographer of Morse, Dies at 99
- NYT editorial cites work of Harvard's Sven Beckert and Cornell’s Edward Baptist