Suburban Officers Criticized As Insensitive to Racism
''The 1960's were the end of the neighborhood cop in France,'' said Cmdr. Alain Jackel, who leads the C.R.S. commandos in Champigny-sur-Marne. ''Until then, police officers would leave their house in the morning in uniform. Today they change at the police station.''
comments powered by Disqus
Juan Antonio Hervada Gim?nez - 11/9/2005
I have been surprised that the NYT hasn't reported about the apparent connection of the riots with the s.c. EuroJihad movement.
The arsonists, when confronting the police, scream Allah Ou Akbar and point their index fingers upwards...
Now, tehre have been practically no riots in the neighborhoods where radical islamists have what we could call "social control". The troubles are concentrated in the moderate Muslim neighborhoods; it is the moderate Muslims who are getiing their cars and their schoools burned (the schools are considered hotbeds for blasphemy and decadence)
It looks like the euro-jihadists, who exerce a tangible influence on the rioters, want to prove the average Muslims that ithey'll be safer going over to radical Islam and accepting the s.c. Islamic Institutions.
J.A. Hervada, Paris
- South Dakota drops history as a high school requirement
- The Forgotten History Of 'Violent Displacement' That Helped Create The National Parks
- Gospel of Jesus’ Wife May Be Authentic, New Tests Suggest
- Architect Sought for Obama’s Presidential Library Complex
- 2016 election's leading candidates have strong Jewish family ties
- Historians tackle America’s mass incarceration problem
- Report: Russian studies in crisis
- Ken Burns: Donald Trump’s birtherism — a “politer way of saying the ‘N-word'” — proves America isn’t remotely “post-racial”
- Medievalist calls on historians to welcome pop culture
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?