Suburban Officers Criticized As Insensitive to Racism
''The 1960's were the end of the neighborhood cop in France,'' said Cmdr. Alain Jackel, who leads the C.R.S. commandos in Champigny-sur-Marne. ''Until then, police officers would leave their house in the morning in uniform. Today they change at the police station.''
comments powered by Disqus
Juan Antonio Hervada Gim?nez - 11/9/2005
I have been surprised that the NYT hasn't reported about the apparent connection of the riots with the s.c. EuroJihad movement.
The arsonists, when confronting the police, scream Allah Ou Akbar and point their index fingers upwards...
Now, tehre have been practically no riots in the neighborhoods where radical islamists have what we could call "social control". The troubles are concentrated in the moderate Muslim neighborhoods; it is the moderate Muslims who are getiing their cars and their schoools burned (the schools are considered hotbeds for blasphemy and decadence)
It looks like the euro-jihadists, who exerce a tangible influence on the rioters, want to prove the average Muslims that ithey'll be safer going over to radical Islam and accepting the s.c. Islamic Institutions.
J.A. Hervada, Paris
- How the Vikings Saved Europe and Got a Terrible Reputation
- Hard Hats On: Members of the Media Tour Exhibits under Construction at the National Museum of American History
- Shaman dancers, coolies and suffragettes: rare photos of 1900s Beijing discovered from Austrian archive
- England's King Richard III died painfully on battlefield
- 93-year-old former Auschwitz guard charged
- Pro-Israel groups going after federal support of Middle East Studies
- 100th Anniversary of Beard's 'An Economic Interpretation of the Constitution' commemorated
- University of Illinois Bigwig to Native American Studies scholar Jean O’Brien: Drop Dead
- 2 of 21 MacArthur Fellows for 2014 are historians
- Ken Burns electrifies Jon Stewart show