Rally 'Round the Rune: Fascist Echoes of the CPAC StageNews at Home
tags: Republican Party, conservatism, theater, fascism, CPAC, Mythology, Donald Trump
Jay Ball, a playwright and theater historican, received his Ph.D. in Theater and Performance Studies at the University of Pittsburgh where his research focused on political drama in the former Czechoslovakia, Northern Ireland, and South Africa. He has taught at Carnegie Mellon University, the College of Charleston, and Central Washington University. He is currently pursuing a second doctorate in the Department of History at the University of Kentucky, on the public diplomacy of the Clinton Administration.
Mark Auslander a Research Scholar in Anthropology at Brandeis, is a historical anthropologist specializing in political ritual, who works extensively on memory work and memorialization, as well as race and legacies of slavery in the United States. He is the author of The Accidental Slaveowner: Revisiting of Myth of Race and Finding an American Family (University of Georgia Press, 2011).
comments powered by Disqus
- Opinion: Students Need to Learn About the Haters and the Helpers of our History
- Last Week Tonight with John Oliver Ties the History of Housing Discrimination to Reparations
- Spain Pledged Citizenship to Sephardic Jews. Now They Feel Betrayed
- ‘He Had a Life Before Death’: Remembering Emmett Till for the Child He Was
- Remembering Bob Moses, 1935–2021
- The Unmaking of Biblical Womanhood: Prof. Beth Allison Barr's Historical Challenge to Evangelical Gender Roles
- Lynn Burnett Project to Examine Examples of White Antiracism in U.S. History
- Haiti, Cuba, and the History of U.S. Involvement in the Caribbean (Virtual Event July 29)
- The Past and Present of the U.S. Postal Service
- Yu Ruxin is Rescuing China’s Muzzled Past, One Footnote at a Time