Worst Year Ever? Historian Says 2020 Doesn’t Even Make The Top FiveHistorians in the News
tags: 2020, Bad Years
Time magazine has declared 2020 the ‘worst year ever’ but a historian says it doesn’t even make the top five.
Professor of history at Arizona State University, Catherine O’Donnell, says “it gets a lot worse than this”.
But Professor O’Donnell says that doesn’t mean 2020 isn’t a bad year.
“I don’t mean to suggest it’s not awful … but there are just all these dreadful things that have happened,” she told Tony Jones, filling in for Neil Mitchell.
“There are just so many examples, I think, of years that are more deadly and create more human suffering and uncertainty than 2020.”
comments powered by Disqus
- Oklahoma ACLU Files Suit Against State Ban on Critical Race Theory
- St. Malo, Louisiana, Site of Earliest Filipino-American Settlement, Threatened by Climate Change
- Executive Privilege was out of Control Before Steve Bannon Claimed It
- Can Skeletons Have Racial Identity?
- Diver Discovers 900-Year-Old Sword Dating to the Crusades
- Leonard Moore: On Teaching Black History to White People
- How Cigarettes Became a Civil Rights Issue
- David Graeber and David Wengrow Have Given Human History a Rewrite
- Dems Worry Not Passing Biden Agenda Will Kill Them in the Midterms. Does Legislation Actually Matter?
- #HATM: "Historians at the Movies" Builds Community One Screening at a Time