Treasures Emerge From Field of the Dead at Maidanek, WW II Concentration Camp
Four Maidanek survivors who live in Australia came here with Israeli archaeologists, Israeli and European amateur investigators and British and American documentarians. They found exactly what they were looking for: evidence validating indelible memories that for whatever motivation, desperate people facing imminent death had scratched burrows into the earth and secreted objects largely of sentimental value.
comments powered by Disqus
- Florida professor to burn Confederate flag
- Could another English king be buried under a parking lot?
- Huckabee says archaeology supports the Bible
- George W. Bush's CIA Briefer: Bush and Cheney Falsely Presented WMD Intelligence to Public
- Unfinished film about the Holocaust made in 1945 to finally be seen by audiences
- Daniel Pipes calls the rulers of Iran "madmen" on official Iranian TV
- A Professor Tries to Beat Back a News Spoof That Won’t Go Away
- NYT History Book Reviews: Who Got Noticed this Week?
- Sean Wilentz is being called “Hillary’s Historian"
- Hundreds of British historians challenge assumptions of “Historians for Britain” campaign