Treasures Emerge From Field of the Dead at Maidanek, WW II Concentration Camp
Four Maidanek survivors who live in Australia came here with Israeli archaeologists, Israeli and European amateur investigators and British and American documentarians. They found exactly what they were looking for: evidence validating indelible memories that for whatever motivation, desperate people facing imminent death had scratched burrows into the earth and secreted objects largely of sentimental value.
comments powered by Disqus
- Black studies professor in the middle of exploding scandal at the University of North Carolina
- 2 conservative groups are leading the fight against the new AP standards
- The secret of successful history departments
- AHA president suggests older historians should consider making way for younger historians
- Niall Ferguson Joins Schwarzman Scholars as Distinguished Visiting Professor in China