Russian enclave to honour Lenin
"A symbol of the victory of the Soviet people in the Great Patriotic War will appear in the renovated Pobeda [Victory] Square," Mr Savenko said, the official news agency reported.
The statue could not be returned to its former place in the city's Victory Square because of architectural considerations following a renovation of the square, he added.
comments powered by Disqus
- How the Martin Luther King estate controls the national hero’s image
- Benjamin Franklin's life inspired me, says Prime Minister Narendra Modi
- PTSD Found In Ancient Warriors
- 150 Years Later: Columbia, South Carolina wants the world to remember it also burned down in the Civil War
- ‘Bite-sized’ history textbooks used in the UK accused of ‘dumbing down’ the subject: should we be worried?
- West Point historian says if his cadets can understand the history of war, so can Congress
- Australian historian Alan Atkinson wins $100,000 literary prize
- From his perch in Saudi Arabia, Princeton’s Mark Cohen says Jews and Muslims should remember they used to get along
- Duke honors historian John Hope Franklin with year-long series of events
- What New Left History Gave Us