Rick Perry recommended former ambassador, historian Daniel Yergin for Ukraine reforms-U.S. Energy DeptHistorians in the News
tags: historians, Ukraine, Rick Perry
U.S. Energy Secretary Rick Perry recommended Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelenskiy’s administration talk with Daniel Yergin, a Pulitzer Prize winning energy historian, and Carlos Pascual, a former ambassador to Ukraine, on energy reforms, an U.S. Energy Department official said on Monday.
Perry also recommended Zelenskiy’s administration talk to industry experts including Texas businessmen Michael Bleyzer, a Ukrainian-American, and Robert Bensh, a frequent visitor to Ukraine, as well as unnamed Energy Department experts on a visit in May for the inauguration the Ukraine president, the official said on condition of anonymity.
Perry attended Zelenskiy’s inauguration as a last minute replacement for U.S. Vice President Mike Pence.
The visit has drawn scrutiny as Democrats in the U.S. House have requested documents related to Perry’s activities in Ukraine as part of their impeachment investigation of President Donald Trump. Perry himself has not been subpoenaed.
comments powered by Disqus
- A farm boy became a fearsome warrior at Iwo Jima. And he did it with a flamethrower.
- Plymouth Rock vandalized with red graffiti ahead of 400th anniversary of Mayflower landing
- The enslaved people who built and staffed the White House: An afterthought no more
- Truman and Coolidge go up, Jefferson and Jackson go down. How history remembers presidents
- George Steiner: The Last Viennese Jew
- Renowned presidential historian Doris Kearns Goodwin finally takes on George Washington
- Legal Historian Jed Shugerman Says William Barr's Actions Are "Remarkably Not Normal"
- Historian Ruth Ben-Ghiat Quoted in Washington Post Article on Trump's Quest to Rewrite History
- This one-of-a-kind conference celebrates the real people behind the Underground Railroad
- Zara Steiner, distinguished scholar of diplomatic history, dies at 91