Spotlight to be on railroadsBreaking News
Trains: Tracks of the Iron Horse -- which will include a section on presidential train travel -- will open Nov. 7 and run through July 30. The museum is located on the campus of Texas A&M University.
A lecture series will feature historians, railroad executives, rail fans and regulators. Model railroad clubs also will create displays.
In conjunction with the exhibit, fiberglass locomotives will be decorated as part of a public art project similar to Chicago's cows and Omaha's J. Doe's. The 6-foot-by-6-foot models will be on display from November through May, when they will be sold at auction at the museum.
For more information about the exhibit or special events, consult the library's Web site at http://bushlibrary.tamu.edu
comments powered by Disqus
- At Brandis the Afro-American studies faculty is siding with student protesters
- NYT's Notable Books of 2015: These are the history books that made the cut
- Petition signed by 44,000 to add more female thinkers to the Politics A Level syllabus in the UK
- Most Students Have No Clue What Accurate Native American History Looks Like
- Historians Re-Enter Presidential Studies