Spotlight to be on railroadsBreaking News
Trains: Tracks of the Iron Horse -- which will include a section on presidential train travel -- will open Nov. 7 and run through July 30. The museum is located on the campus of Texas A&M University.
A lecture series will feature historians, railroad executives, rail fans and regulators. Model railroad clubs also will create displays.
In conjunction with the exhibit, fiberglass locomotives will be decorated as part of a public art project similar to Chicago's cows and Omaha's J. Doe's. The 6-foot-by-6-foot models will be on display from November through May, when they will be sold at auction at the museum.
For more information about the exhibit or special events, consult the library's Web site at http://bushlibrary.tamu.edu
comments powered by Disqus
- British historian Sheila Lecoeur is on trial for defamation
- Jim Downs laments that Americans still aren’t being taught LGBT history
- Historian Jeremy Kuzmarov calls on Obama to pardon Ethel Rosenberg
- Garry Wills says there’s one human test we can use to decide who’s the better candidate: Trump or Clinton
- Get to Know the Semifinalists for the National Book Award