Japanese MPs fuel war shrine rowBreaking News
The group, which includes leaders of the ruling Liberal Democratic Party, visits the shrine regularly.
A meeting between the Chinese and Japanese foreign ministers to discuss a possible summit is now in doubt. China's Li Zhaoxing said the shrine visit had"severely damaged" relations between the two countries."The Chinese government and Chinese people express strong anger," he said in a statement on the ministry's website. A South Korean spokesman said on Monday that President Roh Moo-hyun was unlikely to meet Mr Koizumi for a summit later in the year.
comments powered by Disqus
- Black Delegates at GOP Convention at Lowest Level in History
- Richard Moe calls on Obama to make Utah's Bears Ears a national monument. Bears Ears?
- What History Says About Donald Trump’s Convention Speech
- Rep. Steve King doubles down on white supremacy claim
- Does Melania Trump know what plagiarism is?
- Daniel Pipes: “Why I Just Quit the Republican Party"
- Jill Lepore attended the GOP convention
- Ramsay Cook died in Toronto on July 14, after a brief battle with pancreatic cancer
- Adam Hochschild says he met the ghosts of his own work at a recent visit to the multiplex
- Colleges are implored to teach their own history