Ads in Va. Governor race mention HitlerBreaking News
Kaine, who says his moral objections to capital punishment are rooted in his Roman Catholic faith, responded with an ad pledging to carry out death sentences "because it's the law."
One of the ads supporting Jerry Kilgore, Virginia's attorney general, cites a Richmond Times-Dispatch column that said Kaine had "suggested he would not favor sending even Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin or Idi Amin to the gallows."
comments powered by Disqus
Stephen Francis Kislock III - 10/20/2005
I take it you were born yesterday?
What we were given by the Foundering Fathers has been replaced. Please Forget Our Constitution, It's Worthless.
What has replaced Our Constitution, it's "You are with us, or you are againg US!"
The Promise of Justice is DEAD!
Where is Osama bin Laden?
He is kept Alive, so we the Citizens of the United States, deliever the DEATH SENTENCE to any and all!
Have you read "A Promise of Justice" by David L. Protess and Robert Warden, This book has forever changed my mind about Capital Murder.
You and I live in a New and Vengeful United States....................
Chris Murphy - 10/19/2005
I cannot believe that "going soft on the death penalty" is a political negative in the United States. In most other liberal democracies advocating state sponsored killing is paramount to promoting murder itself.
Has America really become so violent, so brutalised, so immune to death that it is more moral and more politically acceptable to kill rather than to protect your children from hatred? How very, very strange! How frightening!
Surely the educated members of your society cannot allow this sick mentality to have ascendency in the "greatest democracy in history".
Lorraine Margaret Paul - 10/19/2005
The death penalty has no place in modern society.
- 159 scholars at Harvard sign petition reprimanding the school for rejections of Chelsea Manning and Michelle Jones
- Fact Check: Steve Bannon’s Bad History
- The Story Behind the Truman Quote in President Trump's U.N. Speech
- As Trump Declares Missing in Action Recognition Day, How Many Service Members Are Missing?
- The ‘nation’s report card’ says it assesses critical thinking in history
- Eric Foner discusses the manipulation of history
- Male historian tapped to lead Department of Women, Gender and Sexuality Studies at the University of Kansas
- Decline in History Majors Continues, Departments Respond
- He’s 75 now. When he started teaching at the University of New Orleans students walked out on his class.
- ‘Fake news’ from 1738 offers lessons for modern historians, says Missouri scholar