Ads in Va. Governor race mention Hitler
Kaine, who says his moral objections to capital punishment are rooted in his Roman Catholic faith, responded with an ad pledging to carry out death sentences "because it's the law."
One of the ads supporting Jerry Kilgore, Virginia's attorney general, cites a Richmond Times-Dispatch column that said Kaine had "suggested he would not favor sending even Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin or Idi Amin to the gallows."
comments powered by Disqus
Stephen Francis Kislock III - 10/20/2005
I take it you were born yesterday?
What we were given by the Foundering Fathers has been replaced. Please Forget Our Constitution, It's Worthless.
What has replaced Our Constitution, it's "You are with us, or you are againg US!"
The Promise of Justice is DEAD!
Where is Osama bin Laden?
He is kept Alive, so we the Citizens of the United States, deliever the DEATH SENTENCE to any and all!
Have you read "A Promise of Justice" by David L. Protess and Robert Warden, This book has forever changed my mind about Capital Murder.
You and I live in a New and Vengeful United States....................
Chris Murphy - 10/19/2005
I cannot believe that "going soft on the death penalty" is a political negative in the United States. In most other liberal democracies advocating state sponsored killing is paramount to promoting murder itself.
Has America really become so violent, so brutalised, so immune to death that it is more moral and more politically acceptable to kill rather than to protect your children from hatred? How very, very strange! How frightening!
Surely the educated members of your society cannot allow this sick mentality to have ascendency in the "greatest democracy in history".
Lorraine Margaret Paul - 10/19/2005
The death penalty has no place in modern society.
- Number of women leaders around the world has grown, but they’re still a small group
- Say goodbye to the weirdest border dispute in the world
- Harvard acquires Thoreau's notes on the death of Margaret Fuller
- It’s a national historic site, but hardly anybody visits the Idaho internment camp where thousands of Japanese Americans were incarcerated in WW II
- Big-time Hollywood director makes a movie about Stonewall
- Richard Rothstein says government policy created ghettos
- The Islamic historian who can explain why some states fail and others succeed
- High school senior credited with debunking book by Professor Richard Jensen
- Historians at loggerheads over the AP standards
- Bettany Hughes interview: The historian on how Socrates would have solved Greece's problems