Ads in Va. Governor race mention HitlerBreaking News
Kaine, who says his moral objections to capital punishment are rooted in his Roman Catholic faith, responded with an ad pledging to carry out death sentences "because it's the law."
One of the ads supporting Jerry Kilgore, Virginia's attorney general, cites a Richmond Times-Dispatch column that said Kaine had "suggested he would not favor sending even Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin or Idi Amin to the gallows."
comments powered by Disqus
Stephen Francis Kislock III - 10/20/2005
I take it you were born yesterday?
What we were given by the Foundering Fathers has been replaced. Please Forget Our Constitution, It's Worthless.
What has replaced Our Constitution, it's "You are with us, or you are againg US!"
The Promise of Justice is DEAD!
Where is Osama bin Laden?
He is kept Alive, so we the Citizens of the United States, deliever the DEATH SENTENCE to any and all!
Have you read "A Promise of Justice" by David L. Protess and Robert Warden, This book has forever changed my mind about Capital Murder.
You and I live in a New and Vengeful United States....................
Chris Murphy - 10/19/2005
I cannot believe that "going soft on the death penalty" is a political negative in the United States. In most other liberal democracies advocating state sponsored killing is paramount to promoting murder itself.
Has America really become so violent, so brutalised, so immune to death that it is more moral and more politically acceptable to kill rather than to protect your children from hatred? How very, very strange! How frightening!
Surely the educated members of your society cannot allow this sick mentality to have ascendency in the "greatest democracy in history".
Lorraine Margaret Paul - 10/19/2005
The death penalty has no place in modern society.
- Black Delegates at GOP Convention at Lowest Level in History
- Richard Moe calls on Obama to make Utah's Bears Ears a national monument. Bears Ears?
- What History Says About Donald Trump’s Convention Speech
- Rep. Steve King doubles down on white supremacy claim
- Does Melania Trump know what plagiarism is?
- Daniel Pipes: “Why I Just Quit the Republican Party"
- Jill Lepore attended the GOP convention
- Ramsay Cook died in Toronto on July 14, after a brief battle with pancreatic cancer
- Adam Hochschild says he met the ghosts of his own work at a recent visit to the multiplex
- Colleges are implored to teach their own history