Ads in Va. Governor race mention HitlerBreaking News
Kaine, who says his moral objections to capital punishment are rooted in his Roman Catholic faith, responded with an ad pledging to carry out death sentences "because it's the law."
One of the ads supporting Jerry Kilgore, Virginia's attorney general, cites a Richmond Times-Dispatch column that said Kaine had "suggested he would not favor sending even Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin or Idi Amin to the gallows."
comments powered by Disqus
Stephen Francis Kislock III - 10/20/2005
I take it you were born yesterday?
What we were given by the Foundering Fathers has been replaced. Please Forget Our Constitution, It's Worthless.
What has replaced Our Constitution, it's "You are with us, or you are againg US!"
The Promise of Justice is DEAD!
Where is Osama bin Laden?
He is kept Alive, so we the Citizens of the United States, deliever the DEATH SENTENCE to any and all!
Have you read "A Promise of Justice" by David L. Protess and Robert Warden, This book has forever changed my mind about Capital Murder.
You and I live in a New and Vengeful United States....................
Chris Murphy - 10/19/2005
I cannot believe that "going soft on the death penalty" is a political negative in the United States. In most other liberal democracies advocating state sponsored killing is paramount to promoting murder itself.
Has America really become so violent, so brutalised, so immune to death that it is more moral and more politically acceptable to kill rather than to protect your children from hatred? How very, very strange! How frightening!
Surely the educated members of your society cannot allow this sick mentality to have ascendency in the "greatest democracy in history".
Lorraine Margaret Paul - 10/19/2005
The death penalty has no place in modern society.
- The six-day war: why Israel is still divided over its legacy 50 years on
- "Space archaeology" transforms how ancient sites are discovered
- A military cemetery whose African American history is hidden in plain sight in Philadelphia
- Texas Senate increases education board's textbook veto power
- The Secret Transcripts of the Six-Day War
- AHA joins protest of Trump’s plan for drastic cuts to the NEH
- Diane Ravitch says the Democrats paved the way for the education secretary's efforts to privatize our public schools
- Mark Moyar explains why he came to believe the Vietnam War was winnable
- How should Texas high schoolers learn history?
- What's the 'greatest witch hunt of a politician in American history’?