The president's party just suffered a historically big wipeout during a strong economyBreaking News
tags: Trump, Election 2018
President Trump argued in his post-election news conference that the Republican Party’s performance in the midterms defied history. An analysis by a JPMorgan economist suggests Trump is right — just not in the way he intends.
Measured against the strength of the economy, the GOP’s losses in the House mark the worst midterm results for a president's own party in at least a century, per Michael Cembalest, JPMorgan Asset Management’s chairman of market and investment strategy.
comments powered by Disqus
- Erika Lee and Carol Anderson on Myths and Realities of Race in American History
- Banished Podcast: Sunshine State's Descent Into Darkness
- Caroline Dodds Pennock on The Indigenous Americans Who Visited Europe
- Why Can't the Democrats Build a Governing Majority? (Review of Timothy Shenk)
- Victimhood and Vengeance: The Reactionary Roots of Christian Nationalism