The president's party just suffered a historically big wipeout during a strong economyBreaking News
tags: Trump, Election 2018
President Trump argued in his post-election news conference that the Republican Party’s performance in the midterms defied history. An analysis by a JPMorgan economist suggests Trump is right — just not in the way he intends.
Measured against the strength of the economy, the GOP’s losses in the House mark the worst midterm results for a president's own party in at least a century, per Michael Cembalest, JPMorgan Asset Management’s chairman of market and investment strategy.
comments powered by Disqus
- Leading Expert on Housing Discrimination Suing Appraisers for Discrimination
- A Century After the Elaine Massacre, Black Farmers in Arkansas Demand Justice
- American Democracy Wasn't Built to be Democratic
- VP Menon, the Civil Servant who Held India Together
- Nicole Hemmer on Alex Jones and the Right-Wing Media Machine