The president's party just suffered a historically big wipeout during a strong economyBreaking News
tags: Trump, Election 2018
President Trump argued in his post-election news conference that the Republican Party’s performance in the midterms defied history. An analysis by a JPMorgan economist suggests Trump is right — just not in the way he intends.
Measured against the strength of the economy, the GOP’s losses in the House mark the worst midterm results for a president's own party in at least a century, per Michael Cembalest, JPMorgan Asset Management’s chairman of market and investment strategy.
comments powered by Disqus
- ‘It Just Felt Wrong’: U. of Florida Faculty Say Political Fears Stalled an Initiative on Race
- A UF Professor Used "Critical" and "Race" in a Sentence. Trouble Ensued
- Hanukkah Today Would Make the Maccabees Roll Over In Their Graves
- AHA, OAH File SCOTUS Amicus Brief in Mississippi Abortion Ban Case
- Josephine Baker First American, Black Woman, and Performer Inducted to French Pantheon