5,000 Year Old Hebrides Site DiscoveredBreaking News
An ancient stone circle has been discovered in the Hebrides after being hidden for thousands of years.
The significant find is integral to the famous Callanish Stones on Lewis which encompasses around 20 other satellite sites across a wide landscape.
It is also aligned to an extraordinary lunar phenomenon which only occurs around every 20 years and would have terrified the ancients.
The new site, believed to be up to 5000 years old, is the largest of all the circle in the widespread megalith complex and is set to arouse international excitement among historians and archaeologists.
The circle, which was discovered by local archaeologists by chance, straddles two private crofts on a small plateau above the village of Breasclete.
The circle contains 15 stones, each about 1.6 metres high. Some are exposed and lying on the surface but the majority are buried just inches below the peat.
comments powered by Disqus
- 10 questions and answers about America’s “Big Government”
- Lithuanian nationalists celebrate Holocaust-era quisling, Pepe the Frog near execution site
- Lincoln, Washington and Roosevelts remain history’s best presidents in survey
- Winston Churchill essay on 'aliens' found: 'British Bulldog' had a philosophical streak
- Doppelgänger ethics: Why Austria arrested a Hitler double
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit
- Yuval Noah Harari foresees a god-like future for humans
- Published Historian Of Spain Indicted By A Federal Grand Jury For Possession Of Child Pornography
- Stephen F. Cohen continuing his lonely campaign to stop the media from "Kremlin-Baiting President Trump”
- Seven Books Named as Finalists for the 2017 $50,000 George Washington Prize