5,000 Year Old Hebrides Site DiscoveredBreaking News
An ancient stone circle has been discovered in the Hebrides after being hidden for thousands of years.
The significant find is integral to the famous Callanish Stones on Lewis which encompasses around 20 other satellite sites across a wide landscape.
It is also aligned to an extraordinary lunar phenomenon which only occurs around every 20 years and would have terrified the ancients.
The new site, believed to be up to 5000 years old, is the largest of all the circle in the widespread megalith complex and is set to arouse international excitement among historians and archaeologists.
The circle, which was discovered by local archaeologists by chance, straddles two private crofts on a small plateau above the village of Breasclete.
The circle contains 15 stones, each about 1.6 metres high. Some are exposed and lying on the surface but the majority are buried just inches below the peat.
comments powered by Disqus
- Fake News and Fervent Nationalism Got a Senator Tarred as a Traitor During WWI
- Debunking Viral Story, Art Historian Says ‘Allah’ Does Not Appear on Ancient Viking Garment
- Will Trump Be Remembered as the Worst President in History? Almost Half Think So
- Thank This Man For Your Last-Minute Halloween Costume
- Letters from young Obama show a man trying to find his way
- Thomas Childers says we’ve got the Nazis wrong in 5 different ways
- National security expert Tom Nichols: “Hey, I’m unstable” is a bad look for the president
- Fake news? It’s nothing new, says Trinity College Dublin historian
- Historian discovers early Reformation writings “hiding in plain sight”
- Victor Davis Hanson says we shouldn’t be rushing to war with North Korea