5,000 Year Old Hebrides Site DiscoveredBreaking News
An ancient stone circle has been discovered in the Hebrides after being hidden for thousands of years.
The significant find is integral to the famous Callanish Stones on Lewis which encompasses around 20 other satellite sites across a wide landscape.
It is also aligned to an extraordinary lunar phenomenon which only occurs around every 20 years and would have terrified the ancients.
The new site, believed to be up to 5000 years old, is the largest of all the circle in the widespread megalith complex and is set to arouse international excitement among historians and archaeologists.
The circle, which was discovered by local archaeologists by chance, straddles two private crofts on a small plateau above the village of Breasclete.
The circle contains 15 stones, each about 1.6 metres high. Some are exposed and lying on the surface but the majority are buried just inches below the peat.
comments powered by Disqus
- Donald Trump Is Wrong on Mosul Attack, Military Experts Say
- Emmett Till memorial sign is riddled with bullet holes and has been repeatedly vandalized
- Posthumous pardons law may see Oscar Wilde exonerated
- Has an Election Ever Been Rigged in U.S. History?
- A short history of white people rigging elections
- Steven Runciman — historian, tease and professional enigma — is the subject of a biography
- Historian Eric Foner: Trump is Logical Conclusion of What the GOP Has Been Doing for Decades
- Ken Burns developing 'The Gene' based on Mukherjee's bestseller
- Does the 'Father' of the 1948 Ethnic Cleansing Narrative Really Want to Recant His Words?
- Max Boot wants to know “what the hell happened to my Republican Party?"