5,000 Year Old Hebrides Site DiscoveredBreaking News
An ancient stone circle has been discovered in the Hebrides after being hidden for thousands of years.
The significant find is integral to the famous Callanish Stones on Lewis which encompasses around 20 other satellite sites across a wide landscape.
It is also aligned to an extraordinary lunar phenomenon which only occurs around every 20 years and would have terrified the ancients.
The new site, believed to be up to 5000 years old, is the largest of all the circle in the widespread megalith complex and is set to arouse international excitement among historians and archaeologists.
The circle, which was discovered by local archaeologists by chance, straddles two private crofts on a small plateau above the village of Breasclete.
The circle contains 15 stones, each about 1.6 metres high. Some are exposed and lying on the surface but the majority are buried just inches below the peat.
comments powered by Disqus
- Jewish history is under siege in the middle east and these volunteers are risking their lives to protect it
- 'Amazon should stop selling Holocaust denial books'
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Reaches Milestone of 1 Million Visitors
- What Makes a President Great? Clipping? Sipping? Slashing?
- Carla Hayden says Frederick Douglass "might have a lot to do with the fact that I am a librarian”
- Historian and Antiwar Activist Marilyn Young Dies at 79
- Trump Chooses Historian H.R. McMaster as National Security Adviser
- Holocaust Historian Deborah Lipstadt Explains Why People Believe Trump's Lies
- Princeton’s Harold James warns World War Three is now a "serious threat”
- Israeli schools' history lessons create good soldiers, says pundit