Jeremy Corbyn vows to increase teaching of black history in schoolsBreaking News
tags: colonialism, Black History, Jeremy Corbyn
Jeremy Corbyn has announced proposals to increase the amount of black history taught in schools, along with the history of the British empire, colonialism and slavery.
A Labour government would improve the teaching of the subject, potentially including it in the national curriculum, party sources said.
Corbyn said it was vital for future generations of schoolchildren to understand the role that black Britons had played in the nation’s history and the struggle for racial equality.
comments powered by Disqus
- Washington History Seminar 10/2: Gambling with Armageddon: Nuclear Roulette from Hiroshima to the Cuban Missile Crisis, 1945-1962
- Smithsonian Taps N.Y. Cultural Director To Lead African American Museum
- Unredacted FBI Document Sheds New Light on White Supremacist Infiltration of Law Enforcement
- America Is About to Enter its Years of Lead
- The forgotten alliance between Black activists and China