The rightful king of England? He doesn't want the crownBreaking News
The documentary's historian Michael Jones found documents in Rouen Cathedral he believes show that Edward IV, who ruled from 1461 to 1483, was illegitimate because when he was conceived his parents were 124 miles apart.
Edward's "father" Richard of York was fighting the French at Pontoise, while his mother Cecily was five days' march away at Rouen, allegedly enjoying the attentions of an archer, according to Jones' research.
If true, the claim means the crown should have passed on to Richard's second son George, Hasting's direct ancestor.
"That makes me King Mike I," Hastings said. "But I wouldn't take it if they offered it to me. Look at the life the royals lead."
comments powered by Disqus
- Historian James Harris says Russian archives show we’ve misunderstood Stalin
- The Invisible Labor of Women’s Studies
- Lincoln University historian mourns decision to abolish the history major
- Hamilton College conservative historian questions diversity requirement
- Historians on Donald Trump: A Huge Hit on Facebook