David Barton Says Trump May Go Down as One of the Top Five Presidents In HistoryHistorians in the News
tags: David Barton, Trump
On the “WallBuilders Live” radio program today, right-wing pseudo-historian David Barton predicted that President Trump could go down as one of the top five greatest presidents in American history.
Asked by a listener to rank his top five presidents, Barton listed George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Abraham Lincoln and Calvin Coolidge. He then said that he was “leaving the fifth slot open” for Trump.
“If Trump continues the way he has, I’ll probably put him in the top five,” Barton said. “What he has done on deregulating government, what he has done with putting his foot down on foreign nations, what he has done on the issues of religious liberty, what he has done on judges—I think it’s the 12th group of judges he has sent up and I still can’t find one I disagree with.”
“I look at what he is doing, I look at what the Cabinet-level departments are doing,” he continued. “This is, in my opinion, the most radical turnaround that I am aware of for having gone in an opposite direction as quick as we have and being able to reverse things that most of us thought we’d never be able to reverse. Now, we have got another two and a half years to see, but that’s why I’m leaving it open right now. The changes he has brought about have been, in my mind, unprecedented and remarkable.” ...
comments powered by Disqus
- Will Midwest Governors Challenge Florida's Conservative Education Agenda?
- Is a Third Intifada Imminent?
- DeSantis's War on Universities Goes Beyond the Influential "Powell Memo"
- Anthropologist on Gathering Family History: Ask Your Elders the Right Questions
- Irony Alert: GOP Stages Anti-Socialist Show Vote while Preparing to Convene in the Most Socialist City in America