Scrolls found inside statue of Buddha in NaraBreaking News
tags: Japan, Archeology, Buddhist Statue
A probe has found many scrolls and other artifacts inside a centuries-old statue of Buddha in the ancient Japanese capital of Nara.
It was previously known that the seated Monju Bosatsu statue at Hokkeji temple contained something inside, but no one knew what was actually there.
The statuette likely dates back more than 700 years.
comments powered by Disqus
- Law Professor Criticized After Reading Racial Slur In Class
- Chicago 1968: Blood Outside the Arena (Reprinted from 8/28/1968)
- Abraham Lincoln and the Shavuot Controversy of 1865
- This Montana Farm Boy Became a Scientific Legend, Developing Vaccines to Protect Kids Worldwide
- Should the U.S. Favor Public Health or the Economy? History Shows they’re Inseparable