This love letter George H.W. Bush sent to Barbara is making people swoonBreaking News
tags: George HW Bush, Barbara Bush
Historians and journalists on Tuesday tweeted out the hand-written love letter that future President George H.W. Bush sent to his then-fiancée, Barbara Pierce, on Dec. 12, 1943.
Michael Beschloss, a presidential historian, tweeted that Bush was a US Navy pilot at the time during World War II. The letter, written in blue ink on Navy stationery, begins: “My darling Bar.”
The future president begins by telling her how happy he was to read their engagement announcement in the newspaper.
comments powered by Disqus
- Abraham Lincoln and the Shavuot Controversy of 1865
- This Montana Farm Boy Became a Scientific Legend, Developing Vaccines to Protect Kids Worldwide
- Should the U.S. Favor Public Health or the Economy? History Shows they’re Inseparable
- Future Historians Will Rely on Wikipedia’s COVID-19 Coverage
- Reparations – Has the Time Finally Come?