Stonehenge A303 tunnel plans will 'protect and enhance' monumentBreaking News
Initial designs for the scheme have been unveiled for the first time as a major public consultation starts.
Highways England said the design would "restore the tranquil environment and setting of the monument".
Opponents have said the tunnel could destroy archaeological treasures and scar the landscape irreparably.
comments powered by Disqus
- Savannah Approves Changes to Confederate Monument From 1875
- Law Professor Eric Posner Proposes Bringing Back Indentured Servitude
- Public Rates Presidents: Kennedy, Reagan, Obama at Top
- Elizabeth Warren’s striking speech responding to Trump’s “Pocahontas” taunts
- When the next generation looks racially different from the last, political tensions rise
- Was This Technology historian plagiarized? Sure seems like she was.
- Meet the new authorized historian of Britain's communications intelligence agency
- Lerone Bennett Jr., journalist and historian of African American life, dies at 89
- Right after the Civil War, says Stanford's Richard White, Americans were really hopeful, then reality hit
- What departments of history are doing about lower enrollments