Stonehenge A303 tunnel plans will 'protect and enhance' monumentBreaking News
Initial designs for the scheme have been unveiled for the first time as a major public consultation starts.
Highways England said the design would "restore the tranquil environment and setting of the monument".
Opponents have said the tunnel could destroy archaeological treasures and scar the landscape irreparably.
comments powered by Disqus
- Josh Hawley Earns F in Early American History
- Does Germany's Holocaust Education Give Cover to Nativism?
- "Car Brain" Has Long Normalized Carnage on the Roads
- Hawley's Use of Fake Patrick Henry Quote a Revealing Error
- Health Researchers Show Segregation 100 Years Ago Harmed Black Health, and Effects Continue Today
- Nelson Lichtenstein on a Half Century of Labor History
- Can America Handle a 250th Anniversary?
- New Research Shows British Industrialization Drew Ironworking Methods from Colonized and Enslaved Jamaicans
- The American Revolution Remains a Hotly Contested Symbolic Field
- Untangling Fact and Fiction in the Story of a Nazi-Era Brothel