Stephen Hawking: AI could be 'worst event in the history of our civilization'Breaking News
tags: AI, artificial intelligence, Stephen Hawking
Elon Musk isn't the only high-profile figure concerned about the rise of artificial intelligence.
Scientist Stephen Hawking warned AI could serve as the "worst event in the history of our civilization" unless humanity is prepared for its possible risks.
Hawking made the remarks during the opening night of the Web Summit in Lisbon, Portugal.
comments powered by Disqus
- Robert Dallek: “The fish rots from the head”
- It’s Been 3 Decades Since There Were So Few Jobs for History Ph.D.s
- Former Berkeley Chancellor Nicholas Dirks returns to campus as a member of the history department
- Conservatives attack Garry Wills’s book on the Quran
- The Scholars Behind the Quest for Reparations