Alexander Hamilton's NYC Home to Be Moved
This is not the first time the Hamilton Grange has been moved. In 1889, St. Luke’s Episcopal Church purchased the land where the house originally stood; it was relocated a short distance away to clear space for a new road; it has stood at this location for just over 100 years.
Congress declared the house a National Memorial in 1962 and since that time had been looking for a more appropriate location for the residence of the noted American. St. Nicholas Park is just down the street from the Hamilton Grange’s original location. The move will be financed with federal funds.
comments powered by Disqus
- German Historian: Rich Greeks Evade Taxes Since 1830
- UK teaching "invented" history as EU propaganda, says Cambridge professor
- The move accelerates to show that black people have a history
- Eric Foner says he insisted on his MOOC on the Civil War being free
- Ellen Schrecker backs “National Adjunct Walkout Day” as a brilliant tactic