Charleston's International African American Museum's big plansBreaking News
tags: Black History, International African American Museum, Charleston
Since the idea for the International African American Museum was publicly announced almost two decades ago, the project has swung on a pendulum of uncertainty. Until now.
The museum nearly has the money it needs to break ground. It's made much progress toward finalizing the exhibitions and floor plan. And it's tapping into a rich and powerful history with broad appeal.
But will it succeed?
comments powered by Disqus
- Polish prime minister seeks dialogue with Israel on 'difficult history'
- Writer Makes the Case for Impeaching Clarence Thomas
- Finding a Lock of George Washington’s Hair, and a Link to American History
- How Does Trump Stack Up Against the Best — and Worst — Presidents?
- Russia Isn’t the Only One Meddling in Elections. We Do It, Too.
- Dartmouth’s Randall Balmer: Under Trump, America's religious right is rewriting its code of ethics
- Was This Technology historian plagiarized? Sure seems like she was.
- Meet the new authorized historian of Britain's communications intelligence agency
- Lerone Bennett Jr., journalist and historian of African American life, dies at 89
- Right after the Civil War, says Stanford's Richard White, Americans were really hopeful, then reality hit