Martin Luther: Reluctant reformer who rocked Christianity 500 years agoBreaking News
tags: religion, Christianity, Martin Luther, Protestant Reformation, Protestant
Five hundred years ago this month, Martin Luther set out to challenge his church and ended up starting what would become known as the Protestant Reformation.
On Oct. 31, 1517, Luther, then an Augustinian monk, theology professor and parish priest, published his 95 Theses, formally entitled “Disputation on the Power and Efficacy of Indulgences.”
He was just 10 days shy of his 34th birthday.
comments powered by Disqus
- Barbara and Karen Fields discuss their new book, "Racecraft"
- What’s Antifa all about? Mark Bray explains.
- Historian Keisha N. Blain tells the story of black nationalist women in her new book
- War or Peace for North Korea: A call for Action by Historians for Peace and Democracy
- George Will goes after liberal historian David Goldfield