Fact Check: Trump vs. Grassley on tax cuts in historyBreaking News
tags: tax cuts, Trump, Chuck Grassley
President Donald Trump is going around mischaracterizing his tax plan as the largest tax cut in U.S. history and a Republican senator is calling him out on it.
Iowa Sen. Chuck Grassley tweeted Thursday, as if speaking to Trump, "Ur tax cut will not be 'largest in history of country,'" and proceeded to offer a fact check "my own self."
Grassley then laid out Bush-era tax cuts that were worth more, using nearly incomprehensible Twitterese.
comments powered by Disqus
- 50 Years Later, It Feels Familiar: How America Fractured in 1968
- Hawaii False Alarm Hints at Thin Line Between Mishap and Nuclear War
- Ohio Teacher Put on Leave After Lynching Remark to Black Student
- One year in, Donald Trump has redefined the presidency
- In Trump’s Immigration Remarks, Echoes of a Century-Old Racial Ranking
- Sports Historian Explains Why She Wrote that the NCAA is the Modern Jim Crow
- Ibram X. Kendi says "The Heartbeat of Racism Is Denial”
- Historians Call Trump’s ‘Sh*thole’ Comment "The Most Openly Racist by a President in Decades"
- Bruce Cole, renaissance scholar who led National Endowment for the Humanities, dies at 79
- New book lays out for the first time the full story of Cuba's Cuban Missile Crisis