Conservatives complain that a "Pro-gay U.S. embassy features ‘art’ by anti-Trump professor”Historians in the News
tags: LGBT, Trump
The U.S. Embassy to the Czech Republic, still awaiting its President Trump-appointed ambassador, featured an exhibit by an American leftist professor who says Trump was elected "to make America white again," LifeSiteNews has learned.
The Temple University history professor, Ralph Young, specializes in dissent. His work is championed by the “progressive” “resistance” movement opposing Trump. The exhibit, which concluded July 31, was hosted by the Embassy’s American Center and copied pages from Young’s book "Make Art Not War,“ featuring dissent artwork.
The same U.S. Embassy is celebrating Prague "gay pride" this month alongside a Czech LGBT group called Prague Pride, as LifeSiteNews reported. A leading Czech pro-life group denounced the Embassy’s pro-LGBT activities, including lighting up part of the Embassy compound in “rainbow flag” colors, as an “unacceptable interference into the interests of our nation and … an attempt to destroy traditional European values based on Christian principles.”
Last year, Young wrote that Trump’s election constitutes a “white backlash” to eight years of America having a black president. Trump’s message, he writes, is “essentially to make America white again.”
“Donald Trump is merely the unifying force bringing together all those who have just not been able to accept a black president,” writes Young, who also authored “Dissent: The History of an American Idea.” ...
comments powered by Disqus
- History Says Bloomberg 2020 Would Be a Sure Loser
- Then and now: How Trump impeachment hearing is different
- Poland asks Netflix to make changes to documentary about Nazi death camp guard
- What is a caliph? The Islamic State tries to boost its legitimacy by hijacking a historic institution
- Russian Historian Professor, Found With Bag of Severed Arms, Admits He Killed Student
- Black Perspectives Publishes Online Forum: "Researching, Teaching, and Embodying the Black Diaspora"
- Distinguished professor, civil war historian James I. “Bud” Robertson Jr. passes away
- Noel Ignatiev, scholar who called for abolishing whiteness, dies at 78
- Historians Elizabeth Catte, Rebecca Solnit, and Peniel Joseph Quoted in Washington Post Article, "The Democrats Are Moving Left. Will America Follow?"
- When Southern Historians Made History Themselves