California Professor Won't Teach After Anti-Trump TweetHistorians in the News
tags: Trump, AntiTrump, Lars Maischak
Fresno State University in California says an American history professor who tweeted that President Donald Trump "must hang" will not be returning to teach in the fall.
University President Joseph Castro said in a statement Friday that professor Lars Maischak wouldn't be teaching when classes resume.
But he says two of his courses would be converted to an online format to fulfill a contractual obligation.
Castro says Maischak's contractual assignment concludes in December.
Maischak had taken a voluntary leave of absence after apologizing for the tweet he wrote in April.
It said: "To save American democracy, Trump must hang. The sooner and the higher, the better."
comments powered by Disqus
- Savannah Approves Changes to Confederate Monument From 1875
- Law Professor Eric Posner Proposes Bringing Back Indentured Servitude
- Public Rates Presidents: Kennedy, Reagan, Obama at Top
- Elizabeth Warren’s striking speech responding to Trump’s “Pocahontas” taunts
- When the next generation looks racially different from the last, political tensions rise
- Was This Technology historian plagiarized? Sure seems like she was.
- Meet the new authorized historian of Britain's communications intelligence agency
- Lerone Bennett Jr., journalist and historian of African American life, dies at 89
- Right after the Civil War, says Stanford's Richard White, Americans were really hopeful, then reality hit
- What departments of history are doing about lower enrollments