California Professor Won't Teach After Anti-Trump TweetHistorians in the News
tags: Trump, AntiTrump, Lars Maischak
Fresno State University in California says an American history professor who tweeted that President Donald Trump "must hang" will not be returning to teach in the fall.
University President Joseph Castro said in a statement Friday that professor Lars Maischak wouldn't be teaching when classes resume.
But he says two of his courses would be converted to an online format to fulfill a contractual obligation.
Castro says Maischak's contractual assignment concludes in December.
Maischak had taken a voluntary leave of absence after apologizing for the tweet he wrote in April.
It said: "To save American democracy, Trump must hang. The sooner and the higher, the better."
comments powered by Disqus
- Should Trump Be Impeached? What Founding Father James Madison Gave as Grounds for Impeachment.
- Long Lost Nordic Village Mysteriously Abandoned in the Middle Ages Rediscovered
- Holocaust Memorial Rebuilt Outside Far-Right Politician's House By German Activists
- Ratko Mladic Is Convicted in 1990s Slaughter of Bosnian Muslims
- Most Everything You Learned About Thanksgiving Is Wrong
- Is This Professor ‘Putin’s American Apologist’?
- Vietnam veterans challenge Ken Burns on the accuracy of his epic documentary
- OAH historians say events of the past year show they were right to emphasize freedom as the theme of the 2019 annual convention
- Why being a historian is about so much more than producing displays for museums
- Historian Says Textbooks Have Shaped Our Attitudes On Race