Trump screamed at national security adviser H.R. McMaster over comments to South KoreaHistorians in the News
tags: South Korea, Trump, HR McMaster
If McMaster is forced out, is the the beginning of the end for the Trump administration?https://t.co/ScNNJFK13I— Ron Radosh (@RonRadosh) May 9, 2017
Related Link The Knives Are Out for Lt. Gen. H.R. McMaster
National security adviser H.R. McMaster clashes with President Trump in front of White House staff and the relationship between the two appears to be strained, according to a Bloomberg report.
Citing anonymous sources, Bloomberg reported Trump has not warmed to McMaster in the same way that the Washington establishment did. The sources said White House chief strategist Steve Bannon is skeptical of McMaster's policies and thinks he's trying to trick Trump into falling into the same previous pattern of nation building Trump warned against during the campaign.
White House chief of staff Reince Priebus is blocking a key appointment from McMaster, according to the report.
Trump himself is disillusioned with McMaster because the general occasionally lectures Trump and doesn't allow him to ask questions frequently.
Trump issued a statement to Bloomberg on Sunday disputing the report, quoting Trump as saying, "I couldn't be happier with H.R. He's doing a terrific job."
However, multiple sources to the outlet said Trump was livid after reading McMaster called South Korean officials to say Trump's statement that the American ally would have to pay for a missile defense system wasn't official policy. The sources reported Trump screamed at McMaster on the phone for undermining him. ...
comments powered by Disqus
- Turnover In Trump's White House Is 'Record-Setting,' And It Isn't Even Close
- The History Of Government Shutdowns In The U.S.
- Unhealthiest presidents in U.S. history
- ‘Make it right’: Descendants of slaves demand restitution from Georgetown
- See How Trump's Approval Rating Stacks Up Against Other Presidents After One Year
- Barbara and Karen Fields discuss their new book, "Racecraft"
- What’s Antifa all about? Mark Bray explains.
- Historian Keisha N. Blain tells the story of black nationalist women in her new book
- War or Peace for North Korea: A call for Action by Historians for Peace and Democracy
- George Will goes after liberal historian David Goldfield