Professor who tweeted Trump 'must hang' goes on leave for semesterHistorians in the News
tags: Trump, Anti Trump
Once again, someone learned the hard way that tweets have consequences.
A history professor at California State University Fresno who sent an inflammatory tweet about President Trump agreed with the school to take "a voluntary leave of absence" for the rest of the spring semester, effective immediately, the university announced Tuesday.
Professor Lars Maischak, 47, sent a tweet on Feb. 18 saying, "To save American democracy, Trump must hang. The sooner and the higher, the better." The tweet didn't attract much attention until the far right Breitbart News site posted a story about it on April 8, sparking outrage nationwide.
It's been a bumpy road for Maischak ever since.
comments powered by Disqus
- State lawmaker files bill to remove Virginia's Robert E. Lee statue from U.S. Capitol
- Massive Data Project Will Help People Identify Enslaved Ancestors
- U.S. Democracy Experienced Biggest Drop In 40 Years
- New Fox Series: Bill Clinton's Scandals
- Thailand drops royal insult charges against elderly historian
- Robert Caro says he’s reached 1966 in his next book on LBJ
- AHA asks members to "Help Protect the Census"
- Sports Historian Explains Why She Wrote that the NCAA is the Modern Jim Crow
- Ibram X. Kendi says "The Heartbeat of Racism Is Denial”
- Historians Call Trump’s ‘Sh*thole’ Comment "The Most Openly Racist by a President in Decades"