Professor who tweeted Trump 'must hang' goes on leave for semesterHistorians in the News
tags: Trump, Anti Trump
Once again, someone learned the hard way that tweets have consequences.
A history professor at California State University Fresno who sent an inflammatory tweet about President Trump agreed with the school to take "a voluntary leave of absence" for the rest of the spring semester, effective immediately, the university announced Tuesday.
Professor Lars Maischak, 47, sent a tweet on Feb. 18 saying, "To save American democracy, Trump must hang. The sooner and the higher, the better." The tweet didn't attract much attention until the far right Breitbart News site posted a story about it on April 8, sparking outrage nationwide.
It's been a bumpy road for Maischak ever since.
comments powered by Disqus
- The National Security Agency's own history of tracking of U.S. Citizens is flawed
- Before Trump vs. the NFL, there was Jackie Robinson vs. JFK
- Saudi Textbook Withdrawn Over Image of Yoda With King
- Israelis are celebrating the Kurds’ bid for independence
- Wall Street Journal study finds that rural youths who enlisted after 9/11 shouldered the greatest burden for the nation’s defense
- Jelani Cobb unloads on Trump’s double standard of patriotism in the New Yorker
- Lonnie Bunch is astonished the African-American History Museum has become a pilgrimage site so fast
- Nancy Isenberg says what Americans think is exceptional about them is that they erased class distinctions
- Niall Ferguson’s new book is a warning about the pernicious threat of networks
- Yale history department now emphasizing global history in undergraduate courses