Professor who tweeted Trump 'must hang' goes on leave for semesterHistorians in the News
tags: Trump, Anti Trump
Once again, someone learned the hard way that tweets have consequences.
A history professor at California State University Fresno who sent an inflammatory tweet about President Trump agreed with the school to take "a voluntary leave of absence" for the rest of the spring semester, effective immediately, the university announced Tuesday.
Professor Lars Maischak, 47, sent a tweet on Feb. 18 saying, "To save American democracy, Trump must hang. The sooner and the higher, the better." The tweet didn't attract much attention until the far right Breitbart News site posted a story about it on April 8, sparking outrage nationwide.
It's been a bumpy road for Maischak ever since.
comments powered by Disqus
- Support grows for Smithsonian museum of women’s history
- History Lesson: How the Democrats pushed Obamacare through the Senate
- Oldest women’s college in US – Wesleyan College in Macon, Georgia – seeks to atone for Ku Klux Klan’s legacy
- Ancient Egyptian Writing: New Symbols Reveal Development Of Hieroglyphics
- Dr. Suess museum chided for failing to address head-on his racist statements during WW2
- Lonnie Bunch says the nooses found at the Smithsonian recently show why black people cannot get over the past
- Andrew Bacevich bemoans the loss of authority of historians
- It’s Time for Historians of Slavery to Listen to Economists
- Researcher: "Actually, Yes It Is a Discovery If You Find Something in an Archive That No One Knew Was There."
- The Trump team is obsessing over Thucydides, the ancient historian who wrote a seminal tract on war