Carson refers to slaves as 'immigrants' in talk to HUD employeesBreaking News
tags: slavery, immigration, Ben Carson
● Carson Has Called Slaves ‘Immigrants’ for Decades (Politico)
● Ben Carson and the Misuse of History By Jelani Cobb
Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Ben Carson referred to slaves as "immigrants" dreaming of a better life in a talk with department employees, according to Monday reports.
“That’s what America is about. A land of dreams and opportunity,” Carson said. “There were other immigrants who came here in the bottom of slave ships, worked even longer, even harder for less.”
comments powered by Disqus
- Karen L. Cox says historians shouldn’t be afraid to embrace YouTube to reach millennials
- You Know Your History? These Podcasts Aren’t So Sure.
- Victor Davis Hanson says Trump Must "Retire as Twitter Champ”
- The Daily Mail is highlighting claims by a Cambridge don that teachers are helping to foster resentment by presenting history as the struggle of minority groups
- Historians Are Calling Out Trump Online Whenever He Misreads the Past