Trump visits the National Museum of African American History and CultureBreaking News
tags: National Museum of African American History and Culture, NMAAHC, Trump
President Trump paid a visit Tuesday to the Smithsonian's National Museum of African American History and Culture, in a nod to a constituency that voted overwhelmingly for his Democratic opponent last fall.
The president arrived at the museum on the Mall in Washington shortly before 9 a.m., accompanied by an entourage that included Ben Carson, a retired neurosurgeon who has been tapped to lead the Department of Housing and Urban Development and who is featured in one of the exhibits at the museum, which opened in September.
“This museum is a beautiful tribute to so many American heroes,” Trump said after his tour. “It’s amazing to see. We did a pretty comprehensive tour, but not comprehensive enough.”
comments powered by Disqus
- The Dark and Divisive History of America’s Thanksgiving Hymn
- In America, there was a time when even 'Thanksgiving' was a fightin' word
- Was Walt Whitman 'gay'?
- Victims of Canada’s ‘Gay Purge’ to Get Apology from Trudeau
- Should Trump Be Impeached? What Founding Father James Madison Gave as Grounds for Impeachment.
- Is This Professor ‘Putin’s American Apologist’?
- Vietnam veterans challenge Ken Burns on the accuracy of his epic documentary
- Why being a historian is about so much more than producing displays for museums
- Historian Says Textbooks Have Shaped Our Attitudes On Race